Solved

Approval Template use of notes

• 14 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello,ย 

Currently we are looking to leverage approval templates to make the ease of adding approvals at various screens within IFS easier. While setting up an Approval Template, I noticed that the Note field is not available. If you manually create a New Approval Routing manually, you have the option to populate the field. My question is when setting up and Approval Template, are you able to use a Note field to create instructions and detail for each approval step in the template? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ย 

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 14 May 2020, 21:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The Note field is not for instructions on doing the step, the Note field is for use by the Approver during the approval or rejection of the step.ย  It becomes available on the document revision when the approval is started.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Understood. Thank you for the clarification.ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

That's exactly right ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป I don't remember how long it is, but the Description is what you have available for providing instructions to the approver. As of today anyway... One could question why the Note field is there in the dialog actually, but let's not do that please... ๐Ÿ˜…

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The Note field is not for instructions on doing the step, the Note field is for use by the Approver during the approval or rejection of the step.ย  It becomes available on the document revision when the approval is started.

That's exactly right ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป I don't remember how long it is, but the Description is what you have available for providing instructions to the approver. As of today anyway... One could question why the Note field is there in the dialog actually, but let's not do that please... ๐Ÿ˜…

Hello Everyone,

ย 

The note field cannot be used for its intended purpose.ย There is a contradictory situation.
When Approval_Routing_API.Modify__ authorization is defined, new step can be added; In fact, everything can be done except approval/rejection.
When authorization is not defined, the approver cannot use the note field.

ย 

ย 

Best regards.

BarฤฑลŸ