Question

Any customers using CAMRO?

• 4 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear community,

I am eager to see which customers are using the CAMRO functionality? i’d like to touch base and discuss admin overhead versus benefits and best practice. IF any customers are keen to collaborate or are open to me asking a few questions please reach out here!

Many thanks,

David.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @david.harmer we do have a couple on different versions: Emirates Engine shop, GA Telesis, REVIMA (for APUs and Landing gears).  Can you send me your email address in a private message? I will get the project managers to get in touch with you. Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@david.harmer I’ve implemented the solution at Revima before joining the presales organization. The main difference with your solution is CAMRO module relies on the VIM module (Vehicle Information Management) to run, which offers you three possibilities :

• Configuration control along the shop visit execution
  • LLP definition and tracking with pro-rata calculations
  • Modification management
  • What needs to be precised is that the configuration templates you’ve defined will enforce the sequence to disassemble and reassemble the engine. You must know the product structures in Manufacturing module. It means disassembly and assembly product structures are built by the system when we transfer the configuration templates from VIM to manufacturing

Of course, building the configuration templates and the rest is an overhead, but add value to the solution.

But in general, the CAMRO flow is really designed for what it is, benefiting about the workscoping tool, service contracts with dedicated invoicing settings… ANd because it is tailored to repair complex assemblies, everything which is done for our customers in older version Applications 10 and are about to be added in the core product in IFS Cloud in the next releases will be developped in CAMRO for sure (invoicing, tear down shop visit, on-condition workscope for sub-assemblies, variable workscope for piece parts,...).

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@david.harmer Yes, I do have. Now I work for MEPC (Middle East Propulstion Company), we use IFS App10 complete CAMRO and CRO modules with 8 types of engine configurations.

Previously, as Solution Architect, I have implemented the solution for GA Telesis, MEPC App10 projects as well as worked for Emirates App8 and App10.

Let me know your requirements, you can reach me thieuban.a@mepcsa.com