Question

Additional State Values in Entities - IFS Cloud 22R1

• 3 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +12

Hello,

Can we add additional values to the attribute ‘State’ in JtTask and JtExecutionInstance entities in IFS Cloud 22R1 through configuration? 

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

6 replies

Userlevel 7

No, it’s not possible to configure the state machine at this point. It’s something we have in the backlog, but no firm plans for that in the near term. 

Badge +12

Thanks @anmise. If customers have a requirement to add additional state values, what would be the best alternate solution? Can you please advice?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 7

Thanks @anmise. If customers have a requirement to add additional state values, what would be the best alternate solution? Can you please advice?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

I don’t have a good blanket answer. It depends on the use case.

• Who needs to set it?
    • Is it for mobile? 
  • When does it get set?
  • Why is it required i.e. what’s missing from the current statuses?
  • Who needs to see it? 
  • What should happen when you set it?

You could potentially look at using custom fields, to capture additional information related to a status change, but it won’t be possible to control the behavior (e.g. conditionally force it) in mobile for example.   

Badge +12

Hi @anmise,

I do not have a specific requirement currently but in IFS FSM we have the option to add additional Task status which will be visible in both Client and Mobile application for respective users. I believe Customers who migrate from FSM to Cloud would expect similar functionality. 

Sure, we can use custom fields but I think that would be the last option to consider, since it will be a separate field and functionality.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 7

Hi @anmise,

I do not have a specific requirement currently but in IFS FSM we have the option to add additional Task status which will be visible in both Client and Mobile application for respective users. I believe Customers who migrate from FSM to Cloud would expect similar functionality. 

Sure, we can use custom fields but I think that would be the last option to consider, since it will be a separate field and functionality.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Yes, well aware of the functionality in FSM and I agree that it’s both useful and needed (hence in the backlog). 

Badge +12

Hello,

Since we cannot add new State values, I’m trying to work with the existing State values in Work Assignment. To modify the status flow based on Client requirement, I’ve made few changes to the Status flows using Page Designer.

For example: updated the Condition to display the ‘Pending Completion’ button when the status = ‘Accepted’ in My Work screen in mWO Service.

I’m able to view the status field in mobile. But when I try to update the status to ‘Pending Completion’, it does not sync back to Cloud. Is there any restriction that we cannot make modifications to the Assignment Status flow?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia