Solved

WO not connected to Project error but it is connected to prject

• 31 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello All,

I am working for a US based client and IFS CLOUD version is 22R1.

I am getting the below error (attached screenshot) when I am trying to close the work Task.

NOTE: In this error message the WO number is also passed but it is null in the error message.

The Problem is WO is already connected to the Project.

I am trying to debug it but I don't have backend Admin IFSAPP access (I have IFSINFO user access, but I cannot see the implementation of database objects), as this is not a Build place environment and also not able to replicate in build place.

I have requested IFS also to provide the admin access of that environment so that I can debug the error and correct the data from back end (if not from front end) but IFS declined the request as it is IFS managed cloud environment.

I have the trace for the error but not able to find the actual root cause.

Please Advise….

icon

Best answer by viraj_best1 31 January 2024, 11:56

View original

5 replies

Badge +1

Hi @viraj_best1 
Did you ever get this resolved? I’m getting the same error and my work order is also connected to a project as all of it’s tasks are. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@viraj_best1  @kgray this error seems to be stemming from MAINT_MATERIAL_REQ_LINE_API (Check Update or Check Insert).

I was even able to replicate this error on a WO that’s not connected to a Project:

I would assume that you have a maintenance material requisition line with Supply Code - Project Inventory, and somehow the project - WO connection seems to be broken.

Could you try and remove the project a=connection from WO and add it again? Then try to close the Work Task?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @kgray @Marcel.Ausan 

I have found the solution for my issue.

It was because the end users have deleted the Work task from the front end but the material lines connected to the work task are not deleted and are visible in MMR lines backend database and those lines are in Open state (but you will not see those lines in front end because of the view condition).

So, to close the MMR you need to Close all the MMR lines as these lines are no use we took approval from client to remove those and that's it you can Finish your WO. 

Dummy scripts to remove the unclosed MMR lines which are present only in backend:

DECLARE
    info_        VARCHAR2(32000);
    attr_      VARCHAR2 (32000);
    objid_       VARCHAR2(32000);
    objversion_   VARCHAR2(32000);

cursor get_id is
   select rowid ,rowversion  from IFSAPP.maint_material_req_line_tab where MAINT_MATERIAL_ORDER_NO='MMR_No' and nvl(is_closed,0)=0  ;

BEGIN

for i in get_id 
   loop
    ifsapp.Maint_Material_Req_Line_API.remove__(info_ ,i.rowid ,i.rowversion , 'DO');
   end loop; 
END;

@Marcel.Ausan  If you see my error message, WO number is not showing in my error message because of when we close the WO order the conditions are Work Task and MMR connected to it should be in “Finished” and “Closed” status resp.

Thank you..

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@viraj_best1 cool explanation! You can mark your reply as solution 😁!

Badge +1

Hi both! @Marcel.Ausan @viraj_best1 

That’s exactly what I just found as well. Stuck transactions on backend that need resolved with a script. 

Thanks for your quick replies!