Skip to main content
Solved

Report Code field on Activity Resource Planning - help please.

• 15 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Both the Planning and Employee Allocation tabs of Activity Resource Planning have a field labelled Report Code.  It is not insertable or updateable on either of these tabs and always has the value of %.

While training, I could not explain to our customer what it it is used for in this context or why it is there.  There is no field description that might help.  The page help is useless.

Miight there be someone who has an answer for this?

Thank you.

Patrick

PS:  No need to explaing to me what a Report Code is, that’s basic and well understood.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Patrick,

Report Code is one of the Resource Criteria that can be configured against a project.

Once setup it is possible to enter a value for these other than ‘%’ in Resource Planning in order to plan resources at a lower level.

Any allocations made against those planning lines would also show the respective resource criteria values in Employee Allocation too.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and regards

Hugh

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @PIreland

Further to Hugh’s comment, here are a couple of pages from the documentation for reference:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/24r1/ProjectManagement/ActivityEnterProjectResourceCriteria.htm?StandAlone=true

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/24r1/ProjectManagement/ActivityEnterResourceCriteria.htm?StandAlone=true

Kind regards,
Johan

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello @Johan Lagerström and @Hugh,

I can’t thank both of you enough for the help on this issue.  It is fantastic that I could use the community to get this answer.  As an experienced projects person, I should have remembered that Resource Critereia controls this.  

Maybe when the field help gets added to this page, it will mention that the values listed are those defined as the Resrouce Criterian in the Project Setup.
Thanks again for the great answers!

Patrick