Project Time Reporting - only use Resource , without Employee

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Employee)
  • 50 replies

Hi , we are using IFS Cloud 22R1 

currently, we have a request from custmer that ,

for an Internal Project

they want to use Project to collecting the Labor Cost.

and,  they don’t want to use Employee (only use Resource/Resource Group)

what they want is :

Time Report :

1. Resource A(Designers):   cost rate: $100/h  ,  report time :    50 hours

2. Resource B (Operators):   cost rate: $50/h,     report time:    100 hours

3. Resource C (Managers):   cost rate : $200/h,   report time:    10 hours

and finally , the Project Cost is :

100 * 50 + 50*100 + 200*10 =   $12,000 

Does IFS support this kinds of Reporting?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

I guess they want to book time against a resource only not telling which employee it was.

I wonder why, but you could make a dummy employee “Designers” and book time on that dummy employee.
But then maybe (as one of my customers always states) “Dummies are for dummies” 

In core you book time to an employee, so you would need one for a transaction

Regards Erik

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@EriLNL 

Actually,  I want to “report” time as Resource Group.

eg:

7/7   Desingers       50h

Operators      80h

Manager        20h

I tried  Time Registration as an “employee”,  you can not report  time above 24h a day.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Mmm I see your point,

I guess you need a mod, the only way I can see this working is with a WO or a SO
Unless you want to use rent to project but even there this is probably not possible.

Are they typing in these numbers manual or is there an interface from a 3rd part product?

What are they looking for number of hours or more the cost to the project?

Regards Erik

Badge +3

Hi @Shou ,

Can we get some information from the customer on below points. We are not committing to any solution but would like to understand the context or user’s problems for future work;

1. What is the industry the customer works in?
  2. How many employees (Designers/Managers/Operators,etc) are there in the company?
  3. For how long have they being using IFS Cloud and IFS IEEE?
  4. When did you start to notice this problem in IFS Cloud?
  5. Which parts of IFS do you use?
  6. Can you explain why do you want to report more than 24 hrs for an employee? How does employees report time in your company? (Eg. are numbers entered manually/which 3rd party products are used)
  7. How do you get to know the reported times of the teams / employees?
  8. How often do you encounter this issue and how is the problem solved temporarily?
  9. What is the customer trying to achieve by adding resource hours in resources?
  10. Could we contact you again if we have any follow up question?

Please cc Oshadhi (oshadhi.vanodhya@ifs.com) and Lakna from R&D HCM if we get any answers for above questions.