Solved

Project Connected Work Order time not shown in Project Transactions

• 26 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Has anyone been able to view time reported to a work order that is connected to a project in Project Transactions? 

We’ve connected the work order to the project and authorized the time on the project and the time shows in project connections and “committed hours”

icon

Best answer by CSheprutterkey 3 July 2023, 22:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Charlie,

Did you get to the bottom of the problem please? We have the same issue and I read your post.

Thanks and Regards,

Anne-Sophie

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

HI Ann-Sophie,

I did not and have been so busy we moved passed it but it’s still on my long term list to solve. I can share my notes on what I’ve found so far if you’d like.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the quick response. That would be great, thank you.

Kind Regards,

Anne-Sophie

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Charlie,

I’m being asked about this from Andzej and haven’t ran into this before.  What did you find out?

Thanks,

Jerry

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hey Jerry,

Still working through options. Work Orders do not seem to create project transactions when connected. Thought maybe I’d missed something in set-up but the sources seem to only be Project, Supplier Invoice, Expenses, PO, Call Center. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Charlie,

Workorder Time Transactions indeed to not trigger project transactions. Project transactions are only triggered when directly reported on the activity and not via and object connection like PO, WO, SO etc. 

Though there are always exceptions to the rule, you’re allowed to generate a project transaction when you issue a material directly from the Misc Demand (this can either be done using an RMB or you can default get a prompt when selecting “ Propose Project Transaction” on the projects setting tab. 

Hope this helps, or at least give you the answer you need.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Project connected objects work order/task do not create project transactions. 

We created a solution to handle.