Solved

PMRP Logic

• 11 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

My company is thinking about implementing Project so we are currently testing out how that would work for us.

I have some test data that I am working on and would like to understand why PMRP is raising purchase requisitions and material transfer requests in the way that it has.

In the screenshot below, I have a component that has demands across 2 projects (marked red/blue). There are 2 activities with demand in the red project, and one in the blue project. I have 5000 pieces in stock under standard inventory. There is no lot size or safety stock set on the component part, and it has an order cover time of 60 days to group demand. I ran PMRP per Project PNG. I have sharing allowed within project but not across the two separate projects.

I think I understand how the red project has been handled. The purchase requisition has been raised for the total demand across all the project activities. It is linked to the last activity, so there are planned MTRs to transfer the required stock to the other project activity demands as needed.

I do think it is a bit odd that the MTR is loaded in for the latest demand date - but wondering if this is due to the component lead time? As the first demand is outside of the component lead time so the purchase req fulfils this first, and then the MTR just completes the latest demand.

What I don’t understand is the way the demand has been handled under the blue project.

1. Why have I got a purchase requisition raised for 200 pieces when the MTR for 400 pieces covers the entire demand? This leaves me with a surplus of 200 pieces. 
  2. Why is the MTR against the blue project planned in for the later demand date? The first demand in the blue project is on 24/06/24 - but the MTR (and purchase req) has been raised for the last demand date of 23/07/24. So all my planned supply is late for my 24/06 demand.

Any clarification on this would be appreciated!

We are using Apps 10 (Explorer).

Many thanks

Steph.

icon

Best answer by majose 21 March 2024, 09:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Steph,

In October and November 2023 we corrected two bugs in this area in Apps10. 

So I hope and I think your problem is solved in update 22 of Apps10.

Best Regards,

Mats at RnD

Badge +3

Hi Mats,

Thank you very much for the response.

I see, we are still only on UPD8 so we will have to look into this!

Many thanks,

Steph.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Follow up - These corrections are fixing problems with PMRP, MTRs and planning method G, so it seems that they are the ones you need. If you have a test database you can try out PMRP, using planning method A. 

-Mats