Question

How to use an API method to update the value of a column based on values from other columns from an external file?

• 13 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

I’m looking at creating an external file template to import project misc. parts demand. I’d like to be able to enter a date that would then update the field ‘Required Date’.

The value for this field is fetched (it’s a proper column in the logical unit), below is the SQL column detail:

NVL(&AO.PROJECT_MISC_PROCUREMENT_API.Calculate_Required_Date(PROJECT_ID,ACTIVITY_SEQ,&AO.ACTIVITY_API.Get_Early_Finish(ACTIVITY_SEQ),OFFSET),&AO.ACTIVITY_API.Get_Early_Finish(ACTIVITY_SEQ)).

I’ve created the external file template and I have added a field/column called ‘Require_Date’

Columns 2 to 7 are mandatory.

Without anything else, the template works but (obviously) the date keyed in in that column is not taken into account to update either ‘Required Date’ or ‘Offset’ - but this is something I’d like to happen.

I’ve looked at using either detail functions or calling an API After Unpack (calling PROJECT_MISC_PROCUREMENT_API.Caclculate_Offset; with the following details PROJECT_MISC_PROCUREMENT_API.Caclculate_Offset(PROJECT_ID,ACTIVITY_SEQ,ACTIVITY_API.Get_Early_Finish(ACTIVITY_SEQ),REQUIRE_DATE)) but no success.

Coming up to the question:

Is there a way to use the methods from an API, using the values that will be entered in each row/columns as parameters?

Methods I’m looking at using are either:

PROJECT_MISC_PROCUREMENT_API.Caclculate_Offset

PROJECT_MISC_PROCUREMENT_API.Calculate_Offset__

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

HI Alexis,

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question. I think that a Technical Consultant would be better placed to answer the question. 

Can you move the question to the Framework & Experience (Infrastructure, Cloud, Integration, Dev Tools) forum?

Badge +3

@Alexis.S - Ever have any luck with this one?