Question

What is 'Production Schedule by Line Part' intended for?

• 3 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi guys,

In IFS (Apps 10) there are pages called  ‘Production Schedule by Line’ & ‘Production Schedule by Line Part’. Can somebody provide a description of what they are intended for.

It’s evident I’m not using it properly. Because when I search by Site (and nothing else) the returning values is N/A (i.e. nothing found). See below -

On the same token, when I paste the list of parts that have orders in WIP (i.e. the range of data necessary to identify objects in the current plan) that also returns N/A.

So, in addition to the question above, what preliminary ‘data requirements’ must be satisfied to render this page usable in the first place. Assuming this is not a straight-forward search error!

thanks,

Jay

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi, 

Production Schedules are an alternative production method besides the use of Shop Orders in IFS. It typically suites repetetive production.

A production schedule line basically defines how much to produce of a certain part and day. You can the report inventory receipts and scrap directly against the line. Material and Operations will be backflushed.

To use the functionality you need to have the part connected to in the Production Line window. 

You can create schedule lines manually, using MRP, Kanban or Production Line Management and takt times. In Inventory Part/Planning tab you need to setup the Default Supply Typ to Schedules.