Question

Using Control Plans for regular testing

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 44 replies

Hi All,

I was curious to know if a Control Plan could be used for the need to periodically recharge batteries we keep in our store?

We’re looking for the best method to put in place repeat reminders for a task such as this.

Cheers,

Wade

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

I think this would be possible, and it would work something like this … (note the data in the screen shots would be your ‘Battery Recharge Test /Reminder’ task) 😊

If the batteries exist as inventory parts with a quantity on hand, you could use an Inventory Control Plan and set up a schedule to automatically generate analysis results on a periodic basis (e.g. Run every week, at midnight, on a Tuesday)

When the scheduled task has run (as a Background Job) an Analysis Result will be generated and you can fill in the result of the ‘Recharge Task’ to confirm it’s been done.

The reminders/work-to list could be set up as a saved search or Lobby element using this screen as the basis

Alternatively, you could consider using Work Orders (Planned Maintenance Tasks) or maybe create the Batteries as Manufacturing Tools which require ‘Calibration’ (Recharging) on a periodic basis.

In all cases, the system can provide a schedule / work-to list / reminders.

Good luck!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Richard,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a thorough reply, I really appreciate it :)

I will take the time to look into what you have suggested and let you know  how I go.

Cheers,

Wade

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Richard,

I have returned to this conundrum as Quality have brought it up for discussion again.

After looking into it and doing some work in TEST, and understanding the Quality requirement better, I don’t think this is quite the right fit.

Quality want to batch track the batteries when they arrive and then trigger reminders to charge them when the batch is nearing three months on the shelf. We discussed yesterday and initial conclusion was to purchase the batch tracked parts, and then process them into a make with a new part number and raise repair shop orders to recharge them.

Does anyone have any other ideas??!!

Thanks,

Wade