Question

Use Customer Order to create an Repair Shop Order

• 3 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

i want to create an Repair Shop Order out of the Customer Order. It works, if i want to create a Manufacturing SO, but i need to create a Repair SO (using repair structure + routing).

What do i need to do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You cannot supply a customer order line directly from a repair shop order. If you manually create the repair shop order you can however then manually peg it to the customer order line.

An alternative might be to investigate whether the CRO (Component Repair Order) functionality can fulfil your requirements. From the CRO order you can manage the receipt of the product to repair from the customer, create a repair shop order to fix the problem and a customer order to ship it back. 

If your requirements are not supported by the CRO functionality I suggest to describe your scenario/process and requirements in a request on the Idea section of the community!

Badge +1

Sorry, english is not my natural language.

I try to explain a bit different:

• i create a CO and choose the Supply Code to Shop Order
  • when CO is released, the SO is automatically created, just as a manufacturing one
  • i just need IFS to create a repair SO with its structure and routing 
  • deliver this CO then, is only possible with this specific product out of this SO

Hope that explanation is a bit better.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I understand what you want to achieve, but this is not possible without some kind of modification/configuration.

That is why I suggested you to investigate the use of IFS Component Repair Order that holds together the return, repair and shipment of the part to repair.

You may also request this functionality from the Idea section of the community.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Marco baier,

Is this a part that you have previously received back from the customer via the customer material return (RMA) in the sales module? If so, it must be noted that through this return delivery and booking back into the IFS, the ownership of the part goes back from the customer to you. And this is often not wanted. Therefore, the way via the Component Report Order is to be favoured. Because then the part remains in the possession of the customer.

Badge +1

We are receiving the part back via Purchase Oder. Then we can handle this part as customer owned.

Thank you for response.