Question

Undo Project Delivery

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 117 replies

Does anyone know if there is a process by which we can undo a customer order delivery for something from a project?  When we try to use Undo Customer Order Delivery, we get an error message - Customer order delivery has not been undone.  Please let me know if additional information is needed to help answer this question.  I’m not sure what else would be helpful.

Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Hello, 

Please confirm the following:

(obviously the first one exists, but have you checked for RMAs or Invoices against the line?)

Explanation

This is activity is used to undo a customer order delivery. There may be times when you want to undo a delivery made from a customer order, shipment or consolidated shipment.  This is not possible when an invoice is created.

Prerequisites

• There should be at least one customer order line with some quantity delivered.

• If an invoice has already been created, you will first have to cancel the invoice.

• Return material lines should not exist against the customer order line. If there are no returns or scraps performed for the return material line, you can remove the customer order line reference from the return material line to undo the customer order delivery.

• If multiple deliveries exist for the same customer order line and return material authorization is created against a specific debit invoice, still the system will allow to undo delivery for a delivery not included in that debit invoice given that no other return material lines exists without any debit invoice reference. Note, this does not apply to package parts.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello, ShawnBerk:

Thank you for your response.  I should have checked the Prereqs and just didn’t think of it. :blush:  In this case the line is Invoiced/Closed, so that is likely the issue.  I will check the rest of the prereqs and I’ll also ask them to test on one that has been delivered but not invoiced.

Thank you!

Joann

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@ShawnBerk  I just tried to use Undo Customer Order Delivery on a line that is marked only as delivered but still got the message that the delivery has not been undone.  There is no invoice, there is no RMA.  I don’t think it was delivered through a handling unit structure.  There is only one delivery for the line. I turned on the Debug Console, but I’m not sure what it tells me.  I have included print screens to help illustrate the problem.  

I am trying to undo the delivery for Line No 18, Del No 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@jtobin 

Hi Joann, 

I’m not sure then what might be causing the issue. The example you’ve shown has been Delivered for nearly a year, so then there starts to be other financial possibilities with month end and possibly year end closure locking things.  It is peculiar that you have items delivered but not invoiced for that long.  I just did a search of 5 years of orders for us and can’t find a single example older than a day or two that I can try to undo.

The debugger is a good start, but the single line doesn’t show the parameters it is trying to retrieve before hand.  The p1 value being null might be a hint. The Error tab may show more, but probably just the same line that is in the popup message.

Sorry….not much more help I can give, was hoping it was a straightforward block.

Shawn

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@ShawnBerk  Hello, Shawn:

Thank you so much for your response. It’s helpful to know that it should work if all things are set up correctly.  You mention that it is an old project and that could be part of the problem - we upgraded from Apps 8 to Apps 10 and it could be the upgrade scripts missed something that would allow the undo to work successfully - the item was delivered before everything was uplifted to Apps 10.  I think we have been able to undo delivery on some customer orders that were uplifted, but the project connections may have added additional complexities that weren’t fully tested.  I appreciate your help. 

I think the best thing for me to do is to submit a case to IFS!  

Thank you so much!

Joann

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@jtobin 

Yeah, crossing over an upgrade makes things even worse, I would definitely submit it as a case with those conditions.  Worst case might be a data repair to fix the problem.

Good luck,

Shawn