Solved

Trigger QP Analysis when each FG Roll is produced

• 28 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Our manufacturing quality group would like to trigger a Control Plan analysis once for each finished good roll (think roll of fabric) that is produced. Seems like a valid business requirement. I  have read the documentation on Sample Frequency Trigger and understand that you can’t create custom trigger types. I have read about Acceptance sampling and don’t think that will do the trick (but maybe I am just missing it.)

has anyone done this before? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by AanHGTS 29 June 2021, 17:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

You may try Manual trigger option with a custom event for every single shop order receipt. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks, Aan. so for the custom event, it should kick execute the Create Analysis action? or is the trigger on the Receipt of each roll, so that analysis is required? I am unclear how the Manual trigger works. Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@KLAVALLEY In control plan you can set the Trigger type to Manual and connect Data points. And you may write a custom event on the Receipt of each roll to trigger Create Analysis action and it should create an Analysis based on the Trigger type Manual and it’s connection. 

You might need to techncially explore how to write the customer event and connect it to the control plan. 

But I believe trigger type Manual is for requirements like yours, that does not come as a systems defined solution.