Solved

tools to create scripts for custom attributes

• 10 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Salute,

I was working a couple of years with IFS 75 and IFS 10. For failure investigations, Quick Reports, custom attributres, I used to using the SQL Developer. I’m not bad to handle it.

Also, to combine it with the debug console, to find the right API and find the function or process. 

Now the BUT

Since November, I work as an IFS Consult for Arcwide. To use my known approach is not more possible.

I have installed SQL Developer and am using it to build my scripts. Without access to a database. The buityfier supports me as it only does it nicely if the syntax is correct.

I test the scripts in the quick report and than I copy it and adapt it in the customer attribute. 

Sounds complicated, it is complicated.

Today, I got the course Query Designer. Brilliant. 

MY QUESTION:

Is there a tool lilke Query Designer from IFS to support my work.

With API Explorer, I have my problems to find the right information. Process/ function, necessarry parameters, what is must, what is optional. Or is there a course?

I’m not a developer. That’s one level to high for me. But manipulating data with API, select statements and so on is my dayli work.

Best regards

Steffen

icon

Best answer by Tomas Ruderfelt 14 December 2023, 12:42

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi Steffen,

have you found a handy solution in between?

Best Regards,

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Regarding access to database it is still possible to access it via IFSINFO user. You only have to request access for that within the service portal.

That is read only so updating is no longer possible via the database. For that you need to use data migration or other methods.

In the IFS Web Client you can find which views and entities are used in the debug console.

If you want to trace exactly what happens when you do something you can find that in the log window or the web browsers devtools (F12 in Chrome) after enabling the link.

Badge +1

Hoi Michael,

nope.

Best regards

Steffen