Solved

The Product Staus is Not In Effect. It is wrong.

• 30 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi!

One user create a new Inventory Part. Then can not query it from Production Structure. I notice that the part Product Status (in tab Revision ) is Not in Effect.

It is strange. Why the Product Status is Not In Effect even the Phase Out is null? This should be the reason can not query it from Production Structure. How can I make it In Effect?  How can I create BOM? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by MikeCH 30 August 2022, 15:54

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think this status just indicates whether the part has a buildable manufacturing BOM (product structure) or not.

The repair status indicates whether it has a buildable repair BOM.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Is the part type ‘Manufactured’ or ‘Manufactured Recipe’?

If Manufactured, there should be a Product Structure header of type Manufacturing, if Manufactured Recipe there will be a Recipe Structure header, not a Product Structure.

Is the part type ‘Purchased’?

If Purchased, there should be a Product Structure header of type Purchase.

Is the inventory part in the correct Site?

A simple navigation step - on the revisions tab, right-click on the revision record and select ‘Structure’. This will take you to the relevant structure header in the Site.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

The BOM is not available because the BOM alternative is still on status "Tentative" and not on "Buildable". And as soon as the status is changed, the revision says "In Effect" 😉

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@mike.brukner  

Hi! Thanks for you answer!

Normally the BOM hearder should be created automatically when save a ‘Manufactured’ part. But this time there is no BOM header for this part. And the Production Status is not In Effect as normal.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@matt.watters 

Tnaks for your answer!

The part type is ‘Manufactured’. The site is right and both are ‘C10’.

Right-Click revision recourd and select ‘Strucure’. It swich to window ‘Production Structure’ but it is null.

Normally the BOM hearder should be created automatically when save a ‘Manufactured’ part. I have checked view PROD_STRUCTURE_HEAD. There is no Head record for this part.

By the way I use IFS 8. Follow are reference picture.

Picture for Part

Picture after right-click and select ‘Sturcure’.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Bright Zhao, which Part Type do you have in your example?

And did you change the Part Type before? Because you are right, normally the BOM header is created automatically. However, it is always in the "Tentative" status. So I think something special was done to this part before.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Bright Zhao, okay, I have the answers to my questions based onyour pictures. 😉 I cannot say how this happened. However, you can now create the BOM yourself by clicking the "+" button to create a new BOM and entering the existing part number and revision number. After that you can edit it normally.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@mike.brukner 

Thanks for your quick responding.

The use say she don’t change the Type. But your answer wake me up. I change the type to purchased first. Then change back to Manufactured again. Now the BOM Header is ready. I can find the BOM header. User can keying BOM tommorrow. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Could this information be part of the Inventory Part Revision Product Status Field Description in IFS Cloud please!

Now it says “This shows the status of the product, either In Effect or Not in Effect.” which doesn't tell me anything. It should tell me this status depends on the Product Structure status!