Question

Supplier Consignment Stock - Identifying

• 5 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We have started using Consignment Stock for Supplier-owned stock. We want to be able to identify such stock within the “Inventory Part In Stock” data.

I could join to Inv Trans Hist using the Part_no/contract/Lot_batch_no to get the CO-ARRIVAL record, but at 75 million Inv Trans Hist rows, even forcing an index takes a very long time in an SQL statement.

Any ideas as to how I can include/exclude within some of our Inventory Part In Stock reports?

We are running IFS2003!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Tim,

Most likely not what you want to hear, but are you able to prepare a new field on the inventory part (mis use a field of the table) that contains the flag (best to have a date from which the part is to be treated as supplier-stock)?

As you are on IFS2003, I take it that a bit of coding is not weird in your company. Maybe you can modify the inventory history new functionality that will consider the field as described in first piece of this reaction. Move the contents to the inventory transaction history and you will have a selection field available.

I know not the nicest solution, nor supported by IFS (but IFS2003 is already out of support).

Regards,

Steve

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Have you checked the Ownership field in Inventory Part In Stock window? Not sure if this is available even in 2003 version. If you do, it might show as ‘Supplier Owned’, or ‘Consignment’.