Solved

Subcontracting with more documents

• 25 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

if we use the standard Ship WIP to supplier, we only have the delivery note that can be printed. We would like to have more documents in some cases, comparable to the options we have in the shipment flow/ customer order flow. How can this be achieved?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 25 January 2023, 14:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It can’t really be achieved as long as you want to use the outside operation concept. At least not without creating these documents as configurations/modifications.

To have the full shipment functionality available you would need to add the part you ship as an inventory purchase part with a purchase structure and use purchase order instead of a shop order with outside operation. 

Please consider creating a request in the Idea section of the community to be able to use the shipment functionality available in IFS also for shipment of WIP for outside operations. I believe it would be valuable for many companies.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hello @Björn Hultgren. Interesting input here. I agree this process is disconnected from the wishable shipment process, that opens the door to transport tracking, customs declaration, normal printings,… And I remember a modification done at Figeac Aéro on that idea (Applications 9, upgrading to IFS Cloud). Are you aware if the idea was created ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bertrand Dousset No I don’t think any idea was created. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@First Employee You are likely to be interested in this idea.