Solved

Sticky Notes on MRP Part Information Screen

• 7 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi Guys,

When we add a sticky note for a record in MRP Part information window, that same sticky note being appeared for a different record with same site information. This can be observed in both Apps 9 & Apps 10 core environments. So my question is, does this behavior a bug or a standard behavior of the application? 

icon

Best answer by Tharindu Rasnakawewa 7 December 2021, 13:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Guys,

When we add a sticky note for a record in MRP Part information window, that same sticky note being appeared for a different record with same site information. This can be observed in both Apps 9 & Apps 10 core environments. So my question is, does this behavior a bug or a standard behavior of the application? 

Hi Sashika,

I have come across a similar type of an issue and this was fixed by a local fix earlier. The fix is consist of IEE client changes.Its related to the developed code in the MRP part Information window.

Please see the below findings in the technical investigation.

When debugging the code it was found that, in FND_NOTE_BOOK_TAB tab which saved the sticky note information has incorrect  KEY_REF value for the logical unit MrpPart.

In Mrp_Part_Tab both Contract , Part_No column combination is the key.

But in the FND_NOTE_BOOK_TAB it missed the Part_No in KEY_REF.

That was the issue for duplicating the sticky notes upon contract (SITE) without considering the Part_No.

But this was reported in Apps 8 but seems it has not been corrected in Apps 9 and 10.

Hope this information will help you .

Thanks and Best Regards,
Tharindu

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi Guys,

Hi Sashika,

I have come across a similar type of an issue and this was fixed by a local fix earlier. The fix is consist of IEE client changes.Its related to the developed code in the MRP part Information window.

Please see the below findings in the technical investigation.

When debugging the code it was found that, in FND_NOTE_BOOK_TAB tab which saved the sticky note information has incorrect  KEY_REF value for the logical unit MrpPart.

In Mrp_Part_Tab both Contract , Part_No column combination is the key.

But in the FND_NOTE_BOOK_TAB it missed the Part_No in KEY_REF.

That was the issue for duplicating the sticky notes upon contract (SITE) without considering the Part_No.

But this was reported in Apps 8 but seems it has not been corrected in Apps 9 and 10.

Hope this information will help you .

Thanks and Best Regards,
Tharindu

Hi @Tharindu Rasnakawewa 

Thank you for the detailed update. Accordingly, I’ve reported the error to the PD team.