Question

Split Shop Order Permissions

• 8 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Is it possible to give a set of users access to split shop orders while removing access to create new shop orders?

My initial idea was to revoke SHOP_ORDER_API.NEW_ database object, but this would prevent them from splitting shop orders too.

Any idea how to restrict creation of new shop orders while retaining access to split existing orders?

Thanks,

Dulshan.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Dulshand would be a bit tricky to achieve this since splitting a shop order means creating a new shop order for less qty to produce.

One way that I would think of tacking this would be to:

• have an event on new inserts on shop_order_tab. If the split_from (not sure of the exact column name) is NULL, it means it’s not coming from a split → show an error message to the user → that they’re only allowed to split existing shop orders
  • The disadvantage is that the error message will be shown after the user tries to save the SO Header. 

Anyways how do your Shop Orders get created? If you wanna allow only splitting Shop Orders this means that nobody will create any Shop Orders? Meaning you have just 1 SO that get’s splited till infinity?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I think we can try presentation object security here; we only disable the “New” RMB Option from the Particular Permission Set.

The pain is this has to be done in all the places in the Clients where the New Option is enabled.

Still there can be places where Shop Orders are created from Requisitions/ DOP/ Customer Orders etc.

So its not impossible, but lot of manual work to make sure New Shop orders are not created for the users assigned to this permission set.

Badge +2

@Marcel.Ausan  Thanks for the insight. My idea too was to try with a custom event, but wanted to check with the community for other available options. This restriction is only needed for a specific group of people. (One group should be able to create shop orders. The other group shouldn’t be able to create, but should be able to split existing ones).

@dameenda  That’s right. Unfortunately, in my scenario people create SOs directly from the Shop Order screen. The only way I could disable the ‘New (+)’ button was to revoke SHOP_ORDER_API.NEW_ from permission set(s). But this would restrict them from splitting SOs too.