Skip to main content
Solved

Shop Order Receive Case

• 17 July 2024
  • 3 replies

We currently use the "Receive Case" option at the Supplier for Purchase Part level, allowing us to receive parts into different options. Our process involves receiving the material into the Arrival section, inspecting it at Quality, and then moving it into Stock, which suits the Purchase Parts well.

However, for shop orders, we're receiving them into Picking locations and applying an Availability Control ID to prevent the material from being consumed on Shop Orders/Customer Orders until after inspection. We're looking to streamline Shop Order Receipts by receiving directly into the Quality location and then transferring to Stock post-inspection. Unfortunately, when processing shop orders, the Quality Assurance location types aren't appearing in the Location No field in the Receipt window; only Picking locations are visible. Despite setting up the Inventory Part Default Location with a Quality location, it doesn't automatically appear in the Shop Order Receipt window.

Are there specific settings or data we need to adjust to facilitate receiving shop orders into the Quality location? Also, does IFS support this workflow? I'd appreciate any advice on managing this situation effectively. 

Thank You!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Unfortunately you can only use ‘Quality Assurance’ locations with Purchase Order Receipts.

For your scenario, we would typically receive into a ‘Picking’ location called something like ‘Production Quality Assurance’ where a Part Availability Control is automatically applied by default in the way that you describe.

You could then set up a saved search or new Lobby Element to show the inspectors any stock that is in those locations that is awaiting inspection.

Depending on the complexity of the inspection process, the inspectors could simply remove the Part Availability Control once inspected and potentially move to a different location if required.  Otherwise, if you want to record the inspection results in the system, an IFS Control Plan could be created to record the actual analysis results.

I hope that this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you for the response, Richard. Do you know if we can move the inventory into a shipment type location to stage the customer order material? I’m trying to move the material via move inventory, transport task or inventory part in stock reservations but none of them are showing me the ‘shipment type’ inventory locations.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thank you for the response, Richard. Do you know if we can move the inventory into a shipment type location to stage the customer order material? I’m trying to move the material via move inventory, transport task or inventory part in stock reservations but none of them are showing me the ‘shipment type’ inventory locations.

Hi,

My understanding is that you can only move to Shipment Type locations as part of the Customer Order Picking process.

Move Inventory Part and Transport Tasks typically support movements to location types: Picking, Floor Stock or Production Line.