Question

Shop Order Planning - Status Planned

• 26 July 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Morning we are using IFS APPs 10 and currently reviewing how we plan and schedule our manufacturing shop orders. Currently we run MRP followed by CRP once a week which will generate all purchase and manufacturing requisitions with a mix of dates past due and present.

When we convert a requisition we release the shop order straight away (with some dates in arrears) but only when the manufacturing department request replenishment ,to me this seems an incorrect method to adopt.

I have prosed that once we run MRP and CRP, review the action messages and are finally happy with the plan and schedule, that we then convert all requisitions to planned for the current month and then release shop order to the manufacturing departments 1 or 2 days before the shop order is planned to start. This way MRP wont reschedule the requisitions each time it runs and will be able to measure the schedule adherence of all manufacturing departments and the accuracy of the planning.

The question i have is

1. Will it negatively effect the system if we a have a quantities of 200-400 shop orders at planned?

if anyone can suggest any planning principles or standards they work to which have achieved positive results it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Jamie 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!