Shop Order Autoprocessing - Choose Structure Alternate Automatically

• 22 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

We have a scheduled datatask that will atuomatilly release shop order. by default, system always use “*” in production structure. what if we would like system auto pick the Alternate other than “*”, e.g. “1”, how we make this happen?

Anyone know how can share your experience?

Thank you.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The only way to have the system to select another than alternate * is to use Lot Sized Based alternates. I.e. when different alternate should be selected depending on the quantity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren Thank you.

does IFS have a batch program can change the product structure Alternate? a separate or schedule program can run interactively or scheduled?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren does IFS support automatically select product structure alternate by production line no? 

we are on IFS APP10 UPD9.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@ronhu Yes you can mass-update the revision or alternate used on multiple shop orders using Mass Update Shop Order Structures

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren Many Thanks.

I have another question. will IFS has the same automatic picking option for the routing? we have an interface connect to CMES (another manufacturing software), currently we are using production line in IFS so the interface could route to different production line at CMES side. now production requested, same part no, needs to be working on multiple production lines.

Instead of creating a new part, we are thinking of how to let IFS auto pick the production line no. for sure we could create new work center, and connect new production line no to work center, and work center create in another Routing Alternate. The challenge for us would be how to let system automatically pick the right production no.

From the routing structure, I could see that multiple Alternate could be selected by serial no, lot no, and tool. I don’t think serial no, lot no are the option for us, but wondering how to use that routing tool?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yes for routing it is similar as for product structure. The system can automatically select a specific routing revision and alternate based on the serial number (if revisions are serial number controlled rather than date controlled) and lot size controlled (different routing alternate is selected depending on the quantity to be manufactured).

It is also possible to mass-update the routing revision or alternate on shop orders using Mass Update Shop Order Routings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren Thank you.