Question

Shop floor workbench filter

• 9 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

We use Employee mode as shop floor reporting setting, and the shop floor workbench.

We created a dummy users, which acts as a workcenter. That way, when the operator goes to the PC connected to the workcenter, he immediatly sees which operations can be performed. We connected the filter to the dummy user.

However, when we then use the ‘Identify’ button to let IFS know which operator is working, the filter is lost and needs to be choosen manually again. We tried to set the correct one as a favorite so it’s on top if the list, but we still need to select it.

Is there a solution for this?

We want that on the screen attached to the workcenter, only the operation planned on that workcenter are visible. The operator should easily identify himself, select the operation and start it.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

If you connect the filter to the employee from page Shop Floor Employees. Then if you identify as this employee, the filter should appear by default.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks!

However, the filter is not linked with the operator, but with the workcenter he’s working on. That’s why we have the dummy user which acts as workcenter. 

Real operators can work on more workcenters, however they should see which operations are valid for the specific workcenter they are working on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Okay now I get the scenario. Unfortunately you cannot control the default filter per logged on User (the work center) if you report in Employee mode. Then the filter is always fetched from the Employee (or Team). In Anonymous mode you can connect a default filter to the logged on User from page Shop Floor Reporting User Settings per Site. Since this is a valid scenario I think you can go ahead and create a request on the Idea section of the community to introduce this support to a future release.

However, as a workaround, maybe you can connect a filter to the Employee that includes all possible work centers the Employee might work on? Then on each work center terminal you set a default filtration in the Dispatch List section to only filter for the relevant work center?

In below example the filter connected to the employee includes both work centers ASSY and DRILL. Now for the terminal used on work center ASSY I add a filter to the Dispatch List to filter for only ASSY, and I save this filter.

I then change the startup behavior of the page to automatically populate the list with this filter applied.