Solved

Setting up Manufactuing part

• 13 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 107 replies

i have a requirement to setup one part as Manufacturing part X in Site A with sub components 1,2 and 3 and this will be sold to SITE B , in site B it will be received as Inventory or purchase part. How can we do this . How can site B request for Site A for item X.

What are the steps for setting up a Manufactuing part or Engineering part in Site A.

1.Create product structure.

2.Routing

3.How the cost will get rolled up to Item X which is the parent part or Manufactuing part in Site A.

Kindly advice.

Regards

Arif

icon

Best answer by Jagath Dharmakeethi 13 September 2021, 18:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @m.arif ,

Please check attached PDF and let me know.

Thanks,

Jagath

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks  @Jagath Dharmakeethi  , is there a similar document for understanding the costing for Manufacturing part , how does the cost get rolled up from its components and  what is the dependency of cost on routing and Workcenters.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Again @m.arif ,

For your Supply site or Site A with part X you need to calculate Cost for Cost Set 2 or any and copy the valid cost set on Cost Set 1.

Then that value will be available in Inventory part Cost tab.

Referring that value, you need to define “Supplier for Purchase part” (window) Price of Part X in Demand site of Site B along with Demand site Connected Purchase part Cost in “Inventory part” window “Cost” tab.

Then the values will be updated.

Other than that, I don’t see any automatic way to roll cost of Supplier site to Demand Site.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jagath  

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

What about cost elements and buckets ,i dont think we  need them as  we are not manufacturing the finished goods , it will be like only assembling a PC with components purchased from different places. How can i define different selling prices .  What about cost set 6 ?