Solved

See Phantom Assembly Which Allocated

• 16 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 3 replies

We are using IFS 9, with plans to go to IFS 10.

Is there a place in IFS we can view the phantom assembly which allocated instead of the blown-through components of that phantom?

We’ve noticed in IFS 10 that there is a field on the Shop Order for Phantom Part No, but this only shows 1 level up. We have instances where there are multiple levels to an assembly, with multiple levels of phantoms. We’d like to see the uppermost assembly that allocated, not just 1 level up.

icon

Best answer by Tharindu Illangasinghe 19 September 2021, 16:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @La7me,

I don’t see a standard field or a window/tab in the APP10 Shop Order to show you the entire phantom breakdown used in that particular Shop Order.  I think you will have to go for a customization to track that.

However, if you are using the standard product structure (not adding/removing material lines) in your shop order then you could use the Product Structure/Multi Level Structure tab to get an idea.

If you look at the highlighted line, the Shop Order manufacturing part is “21-220” which is at level 1. This has a component “21-322” which is a Blow Through (9th column Planning Method is K) part at level 2. Then in the next line you see what are the components of this blow through (21521, etc.) which are at level 3.

Now, if you use this tab you can identify how certain components are ultimately fetched to the shop order. 

Probably you could develop a similar tab specific to your Shop Order.