Question

Sales Quotation - Copy Quotation Lines

• 29 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I know how to copy quotation lines to use in another sales quote.  My question is how can we ‘hold onto’ the Description?  When I save I lose that information and need to recreate the wheel so to speak.  Don’t know much about computers so please answer in the least techy way possible. :)

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @LScruggs70 ,

can you let us know which Description you are referring to ? Is it the sales part description ?

Have you used the Copy Quotation right click option, or just copy and paste the sales line to another existing sales quotation ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @LScruggs70 ,

If you wish to copy from one Quotation to another, you can use standard RMB on header from source quotation .

Then you can decide what you need to be copied to Target Quotation .

In addition to that , you can copy lines from once quotation and paste them to required quotation.

Hope this helps you.​​​​

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I am attempting to copy 81 lines to a new record and keep all the formatting.  Attached shows what is actually happening.  I am losing the description. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @LScruggs70 .

Now I see your problem. So, when selecting and copying all quote lines in one quotation and pasting all them into another quotation (maybe a quotation with only the header created), but the descriptions of each line do not remain in the changed one, and changes back to the default one which is in the sales part, right ?

I think this cannot be changed, since it is the code logic, since they execute as new records although we are pasting.

As a workaround, you can use the default “Copy Quotation...” RMB option, and uncheck all options except Quotation Lines option. Then, a new quotation will be created with exactly the same as the previous quotation lines. But, Quote header details will be also copied, but you can change them thereafter which is very easy.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @LScruggs70 ,

I went through your document and since there is no information on which application version you face the error, i tested in App 9 , but same is valid for App 10.

I tested with more than 150 sales quotation lines, and in both COPY and PASTE from line level and Header COPY function , yet it copied the description properly to new sales quotation.  ( I used same description as attached document) 

Now in case you changed description from “source” order lines, you will have to go with Header COPY function not with line COPY and PASTE OBJECT. Otherwise, system will replace description names to default  when it trigger pricing logic. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks, ThushAsanka 

Well that would work perfectly if we didn’t have specialized Quotation Numbers.   Do you know how to change those once assigned? Lol

Can’t have the system assign a number because our company chose to be original, unfortunately.  May need to petition to have this changed for ease of data input going forward.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks, ThushAsanka 

Well that would work perfectly if we didn’t have specialized Quotation Numbers.   Do you know how to change those once assigned? Lol

Can’t have the system assign a number because our company chose to be original, unfortunately.  May need to petition to have this changed for ease of data input going forward.

Hi @LScruggs70 , sorry you can’t change the Quotation Number once it is assigned.

Thanks,