Question

Return assembly components to stock

• 24 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello IFS Users.

I have a finished goods assembly on hand that I need to return to stock at the component level. I’m hoping I don’t have to do it with a bunch of inventory adjustments, but instead use some type of shop order or rework order to disassemble the assembly and return its components to the stockroom and charge the labor as well to do the disassembly.

Has anyone done this type of disassembly process using IFS?

Thank you all for your input.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you previously have manufactured the item you now have in stock using a manufacturing shop order you can re-open the shop order, unreceive it and unissue the components back to stock and then close it.

Optionally you can create a repair type shop order and add the components that should be returned to inventory as by-products. Also be aware that serialized by-products are not allowed.

If the item is multilevel tracked (and serial or lot/tracked), you can also create a multilevel repair shop order and use the as-built structure to point out the components to remove. These can then be received as salvage parts (including serial tracked items)

However since you do not return the main product to stock you will have to manually close the repair shop order once the by-products/salvage parts are received to stock.

In the 23R1 version of IFS Cloud to be released this spring, it will be possible to handle this scenario even better using a disassembly type shop order. You can then create a disassembly BOM/routing and create a disassembly shop order that consumes the item you have in stock and receives the disassembled components to stock (including serial tracked items). 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you

Angelo DiSipio

Badge +2

I have tried to execute the unreceive function within a reopened manufacturing shop order but will not allow a save because of error “the part serial catalog object is used by 1 row in another object (historical separate)” may have been because we tried to remove the serial part from the parent using a repair work order but couldn’t succeed.

Another error when selecting a different lot within this shop order is “the part serial catalog ‘02’ is used by 1 row in another object (part certificate)”

it’s like we need to remove the part certificate ?

I am trying to change out the serial parts from a parent part built in the shop order. Thinking this unreceive and unissue function would return all parts back to inventory so I can start the build again.. 

thanks 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

good information. Thank you

Badge +2

Still trying to execute the “unreceive shop order” function but getting an error “the receipt cannot be undone since the received quantity is no longer available on the location to which it was received.” 

Not sure how to overcome this problem. Any help would be amazing thanks. 

Using IFS 10 platform. 

Badge +2

I have been able to execute this unreceive parts option if the shop order has not had a part certifcate generated (COC) , if it has then an error will stop this action going any further. 

If no part certificate has been generated then the parent part can be unreceived, and all child parts can be restocked back into inventory. :)