Question

Reserve more qty for a customer order than required

• 7 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi all,

Sometimes we would like to ship more on a customer order than required (E.g. 11 instead of 10). We do not want to change the qty on the CO, so we make changes to the picking list resulting in a negative pegged quantity. That is ok, but complicated - especially when we look at the api’s involved.    

We would like to change the reserved quantity to higher value than required, but that is not possible (screen shot below). 

Is there a way to reserve more qty without making a picking list first?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Hans Andersen 

This is the standard behavior of the application. Even on the Manual reservation screen it clearly says that Qty to Reserve: The quantity left to be reserved. This is also the maximum quantity that can be reserved.  

If you need to reserve more qty than what is entered in CO line you have to enter the same qty in CO line as well.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Tharaka Senevirathne ,

The documentation is not 100% correct here. It is possible to reserve more from the picking list. I was hoping for a hidden api that would do that.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

​​​@Hans Andersen 

I was referring to “Qty to Reserve” field in Manual Reservation screen. Yes, as you have already mentioned  you can reserve more qty from picking list. But you cannot do that through Manual Reservation screen.

Best Regards,

Tharaka. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Hans Andersen,

This does not answer your question exactly but would the ‘pick by choice’ option work for you? I have noticed that a quantity higher that what's mentioned in the CO can be picked and thus can be delivered which meets your requirement of shipping more on a CO than required.

Regards,

Arunalu