Question

Reserve from stock, but only issue from inbound/specified locations

• 1 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

In our current process, we reserve materials in the warehouse (picking locations). The warehouse worker moves those reserved goods to the production floor with a transport task (which is inside a warehouse task). The operator issues the materials and starts the shop order clocking.

We want to make sure that the operator can only issue after the warehouse worker has finished the warehouse task. So he should only be able to issue from the inbound or specified locations (not from the picking locations).

Is this possible?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

How is the operator issuing the materials? Is it done though the automatic issue option, or using manual issue (where quantity and exact stock record is selected)? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

How is the operator issuing the materials? Is it done though the automatic issue option, or using manual issue (where quantity and exact stock record is selected)? 

Automatic, only reserved materials

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Okay, that would be the same as backflush. I think you then can set the Outside Reserve/Backflush to Reserve Allowed on the work center of the operation which to the material is connected. Then system will only issue material from the locations defined as inbound to the work center.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Okay, that would be the same as backflush. I think you then can set the Outside Reserve/Backflush to Reserve Allowed on the work center of the operation which to the material is connected. Then system will only issue material from the locations defined as inbound to the work center.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however this doesn’t the trick. I can still issue if the material is reserved on a non-inbound location.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @First Employee ,

Would you try using the option Not Allowed in Outside Reserve/Backflush of the work center so that  only material from inbound location are issued.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Okay, then I don’t think there’s any setting that can prevent an already reserved material line from being issued.

Is it necessary to reserve the material before it is being issued?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @First Employee ,

Would you try using the option Not Allowed in Outside Reserve/Backflush of the work center so that  only material from inbound location are issued.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Hi,

This prevents also auto reservations outside the inbound centers :(

Okay, then I don’t think there’s any setting that can prevent an already reserved material line from being issued.

Is it necessary to reserve the material before it is being issued?

This is the current proces: We reserve automatically, from stock in our warehouse. Warehouse team uses transport task to move those reserved materials to the shop floor. We do it this way because we use many parts per shop orders: this way we can easily create a task per shop order.

Parts are moved to the shop floor some time before the SO is started. We want to issue right before starting the SO, to have correct WIP numbers.

Best regards!