Solved

Reschedule Calendar and Manufacturing days blank MRP Proposals

• 30 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I am hoping to understand MRP Action Proposals better. I thought MRP would propose reschedule days for actions, however, there are instances where I see both fields are blank. As an example, I have a part with action proposals for Plan Supply is Past Due and Demand is Past Due. Would the system not propose I move the MRP SOR to make the stock sooner? 

Would this field be blank, in the event that the proposed move is before today’s date? We do not have availability check enabled for our parts, so a lot of this is self inflicted, I am trying to best understand how to properly use action proposals to make the best planning decision possible. Any guidance would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by majose 3 December 2023, 22:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hello,

There are some questions and discussions regarding MRP Action Proposals in the community. One of them you can find here: MRP Action Proposals Workbench - managing early shop orders | IFS Community

MRP is only filling the columns “Reschedule … Days” for the MRP Messages Late Order and Early Order. For example in the first case, MRP discovers a requirement that cannot be fulfilled from stock, then it starts to net against open supply orders. Now if this open supply has a planned receipt date prior the gross requirement date, MRP creates a Later Order message. And while creating this it knows the delta in number of days.

While working with the most important MRP messages (this is my prio order):

Negative Projected Onhand

Late Order

Supply is Past Due

(MRP)Plan(ned) Supply is Past Due

Demand is Past Due

Early Order

Remove Order

….=> you should also focus on where they occur “low level-wise”. 

Let say that purchasing are working hard to solve Late Order messages for lots of purchase items deeeep dooown in the BOM, while at the same time some other planners might not take action on Remove Order messages for some Shop Orders where the Customer Order Demand was cancelled. It might be so that these not needed shop orders are the ones that drives the Late Order messages several levels down.

But then you shuld not forget about how far out you are in the future when it comes to these messages.

Working together is probably a key factor when hunting down MRP problems, if you do that, you can take control of the MRP messages, and really benefit from working with them. Else you surrender and go to the IPAP screen.

Cheers,

Mats