Question

Rerun Erroneous Distribution and Manufacturing Postings not fixing the issue even after setup the Posting Cost Groups

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

My shop order variance postings are driven by Posting Cost Groups. I have couple of transaction with Erroneous Postings. This happened due to the Cost Buckets were not connected to Posting Cost Groups initially. But later connect Cost Buckets with Posting Cost Groups. Now new postings have no issues.

I ran, “Rerun Erroneous Distribution and Manufacturing Postings”, but the previous errors were not resolved. Do I have to perform any other activity to get the Erroneous Postings fixed in the above scenario?    

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You need to change the date back in time for the Valid From for Posting Type M132.  If you add it today, it will be Valid From today and will work for new transactions.  But for existing transactions, the Valid From must come before the earliest transaction.

Valid From Today
Valid before any transaction

To fix, you have to delete what you added and add it again with an earlier date.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Valid date is 1/1/2018 from the begin and the transaction date is on 19/05/2021

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

OK.  Not that date then, but the posting control doesn’t like the date at some point and isn’t connecting the account.  What about the Valid From Date on the Posting Control Details, are they all back in time as well?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

OK, last place I can think to check.  On the Cost Source Indicator Definition, the Cost Source Indicator that is connected to the Posting Cost Group.  Is the Valid From date on the indicators set accordingly?  I’m not sure where else there is a mis-match after that...

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Appreciate your effort. I am not using Cost Sources. Just Posting Cost Group connected to Cost Bucket.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @AanHGTS ,

If you have setup the cost bucket connectivity after the Erroneous transactions created then I believe Cost Group may not have updated in the transaction it self. Please check in the Cost tab of the transaction if the Posting Cost Group ID has updated. If it is not there you will have to do a data repair to update the Cost Group ID and then only posting will take the correct Accounting information based on Posting Control.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Akila is exactly correct. 

The modify posting cost group in  cost details is not retroactive meaning IFS does not go back and re-assign the updated posting cost group on those previous transactions. If this is TEST, then maybe leave it as it is because TEST will be overridden some day and it may not be critical to have that fixed. 

If this is PROD, then maybe consider a temporary update in posting control to allow that transaction to post. Data repair is certainly possible, but often your trying to close a period / other and need a very quick fix.  So off hours when you have manageable  risk you can do a temporary update to posting control - then rerun erroneous accounting to fix the error.  Transfer the transactions and remove the temporary change in posting control.  

Best regards, 

Thomas