Solved

Quick Report (Crystal Report) barcode font query

• 5 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I have created a Quick Report (Crystal Report) that uses the Azalea Code 39 barcode.  When running the report with the barcode in it the report fails with the message:

Failed to retrieve the report.  Please contact your system administrator.   

If I remove the barcode from the report the report runs without any errors.

Please advise.

icon

Best answer by Kasun Balasooriya 26 February 2020, 17:46

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

You can try to install barcode font in App server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi John,

You can obtain a detailed error by enabling the crystal server logs. To enable logs, navigate to 

the crystal installation folder. 

Then Run the CR_Web_Log.exe and set the log level to High.

Please try to order the report again with the bar-code and you should see a detailed error in the logs.

Thanks,

Kasun

Badge +2

You need to install the Font onto the Crystal Web Server.  Reboot the Crystal Web Server and try again.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

I am also getting the same error but, in my case, executed the report with QR code. attached below the error log.

3/28/2023 12:07:10 PM[IFSCRWebSetup_TEST]-[getExportReport] Exporting the doc in CrystalReport format.
3/28/2023 12:07:10 PM[IFSCRWebSetup_TEST]-ERROR in [ExportReportWithParametersAndlogonInfo] Error in exporting the report in rpt format.
3/28/2023 12:07:10 PM[IFSCRWebSetup_TEST]-Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input   at System.IO.BinaryReader..ctor(Stream input, Encoding encoding, Boolean leaveOpen)
   at Ifs_ReportService.ExportReportWithParametersAndlogonInfo(String FileName, String WebUser, String SecuredReportRequired, String ParameterValues, String LogonInfoValues, String ExportType) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\IFSCRWebSetup_TEST\App_Code\Service.cs:line 746