Solved

Product Structure - Warning Message

• 6 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +2
This warning message appears when trying to make a Product Structure buildable, only appearing for some new Structures not all.  I have tried to recreate warning message in my test environment by adding phantom parts to new Product Structure but won’t work. 

icon

Best answer by dameenda 6 February 2024, 13:41

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@magsjay to me the message says that one or more of the components from the Product Structure are phantom parts that don’t have a Buildable product structure.

Did you check that all your phantom parts have a valid product structure alternate?

Badge +2

Hi Marcel

Yes I have checked and the Phantom Parts have a Buildable Structure. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Some confusion here I think …

This looks like you are trying to create a Shop Order for a parent part that contains ‘Phantom’ or ‘Blow-through’ component parts in the Product Structure.

These parts are defined as Manufactured parts, with Planning Method ‘P’ or ‘K’ respectively.

I suspect that the Product Structures for these ‘Phantom’ or ‘Blow-through’ component parts have not been made ‘Buildable’.

This message is a warning and it means that the system cannot explode (blow-through) to the lower level components which should be added to your Shop Order.

I hope this helps.

Badge +2

Hi Richard 

The Product Structure for the Phantom parts are buildable ??  

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

“...no valid manufacturing structure...” is often an issue with date validity. For example, the shop order needs it one month ago but it is not phased in until yesterday.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback and for confirming that the Phantom Part Product Structures are ‘Buildable’.

Next step: Is it possible to create the Shop Order anyway and are any components then included?

Not sure how big and deep the Product Structure is, but are you then able to identify any missing component parts which should be on the Shop Order but aren’t?  If so, we should then try to focus on the ‘Phantom’ or ‘Blow-through’ parent part for those missing components to see what’s going on.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

This is raised if any of the subassembly has non buildable structure alternate for the default Alternate (Hope the selected Structure Alternate is the default), so the culprit subassembly can be a component of a Planning Method = P (Phantom) or Planning Method = K (Blow through) component part at any level in the Product Structure of the Parent Part, 

E.g. The error could be raised if the Phantom Subassmbly3 is not Buildable.

Parent Part

|

Phantom Subassembly1 - Buildable

|

Phantom Subassembly 2- Buildable

|

Phanom Subassembly3 - Not Buildable

Also make sure to check in the Structure Type and Revisions.

This error is raised due to the tentative K subassembly below

Badge +2

Hi 

Many thanks everyone when we checked MRP Action Proposals for MRP Message “Not Buildable” we found 2 parts that are relevant to one of the sub assemblies.  I had originally just looked at the parts on the warning message ,  I should have been drilling down to a lower level again to the parts within it.