Solved

Picking location priority

• 2 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

In reviewing the Rules for Shop Order Backflush help doc, it shows the order of priority in the various methods, however one of the lines states: if the part’s manufacturing attributes allow backflush from All Locations, then all Picking locations are searched. The question is, in what order are picking locations searched? When I have multiple locations which have a part to be backflushed in the needed quantity how can I predict the location from which inventory will be consumed? The same question exists for floor stock.

icon

Best answer by Dasuni Samarakoon 2 September 2021, 15:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

From what I recall, the priority within each hierarchy level is controlled by the Automatic Reservation priority defined on the site. (I think backflush logic will follow the same)

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Bhanuka Abeygoonawardana ,

I think the question is how the Location is picked from same Location type, in this case Picking.

Say if you have two locations like 1 and 2, then the system first looks in the location 1 if the required Qty is available. If not, it will look for the location No 2 and if it has the entire Qty, then the reservation/ Issue is made from that Location.

If both Locations do not have enough Qty, then the available qty in both locations will be considered. When you have multiple locations, system tries to automatically reserve from Available Locations among the same Location Type so that minimum number of locations are involved in the Reservation also trying to reserve from location 1 first and then from location 2 etc. However, these depend on the required Qty and available Quantities and Location ID mainly.

Best Regards,

Dasuni

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Dasuni Samarakoon Thank you very much for the clear explanation.