Solved

Perform MRP - Run Integrated with CRP

• 10 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 10 replies

Hello,

Is anyone able to explain what exactly enabling the “Run Integrated with CRP” option does when you perform Site MRP in Cloud? There seems to be conflicting info, which is confusing me.

The field help description states: If this option is enabled, CRP backward scheduling logic will be used to schedule shop order requisitions generated from the process. As a result, the start dates of the requisitions/receipts generated will be more accurate.

However, this thread explains that the MRP calculation will use the routing information to calculate the fixed & variable lead time to schedule the SOR start date. It will only use the manufacturing lead time value on the Inventory Part screen if the routing time is 0.

So if this is the case, what does enabling the CRP option in MRP actually do?

This thread explains it is not the same as running CRP separately, i.e. the data in the machine & labour load screens won’t update until CRP is run separately.

I think what I’m looking for is what difference in results do I get if I run:

1. Just MRP
  2. MRP + Integrated CRP
  3. MRP + Separate CRP

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 10 October 2023, 15:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Let’s look at a scenario where a part is manufactured in one operation in a Work Center that is in operation for only three days per week.

Setup:

• Site Manufacturing Calendar = US5 (5-days, 8 hours/day)
  • Work Center: MWCRP
  • Work Center Calendar: 3/1 (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, 8 hours each day)
  • Part No: MW-CRP
  • Routing: One operation, 8 hours/unit
  • Calculated Manufacturing Lead Time: Variable by Day = 1, Variable by Hour = 8.
  • Customer Order, Wanted Delivery Date: Monday 11/06/2023, qty = 10 (80 hours manufacturing time will be required).
  • Today is 10/10/2023.

Run MRP, not integrated with CRP.

• Shop Order Requisition
    • Due Date = 11/06/23
    • Start Date = 10/23/23

Run MRP, integrated with CRP.

• Shop Order Requisition
    • Due Date = 11/06/23
    • Start Date = 10/12/23

Running MRP not integrated with CRP, the start date of the requisition was determined as mentioned in the first thread you referenced, using only the information in the routing and the Site manufacturing calendar.

Running MRP integrated with CRP, the start date of the requisition was determined using the information in the routing PLUS accounting for the dates on which the Work Center(s) would be available to perform the work.

If a Planner reviewing Shop Order Requisitions is using the Proposed Start Date as a criteria for selecting which requisitions should be converted to orders, running integrated with CRP will provide more realistic proposed Start Dates.

Badge +5

Great explanation, got it, thank you!

In my test scenario I had the work center calendar the same as the manufacturing calendar, so didn’t see a difference, but can see how the logic works now.