Solved

Partial Production Schedule Receipts and Handling Unit Structures

• 15 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Apps10 Update15 Aurena

It appears that using a packing instruction consisting of more than one level with production schedules does not work the same with partial receipts as it does with shop orders. Each partial receipt against a production schedule creates a HU on the lowest level, as expected, but a new top level HU is also created for each receipt transaction.

Example:

1. Two-level packing instruction consists of (10) BOX1 on (1) PALLET1.
  2. I can pack a maximum of (2) part 123 in BOX1.
  3. I have a Production Schedule for (20) part 123.
  4. I report (8) complete.
  5. HU (2226) is created  for PALLET1 with (2) HUs (2227, 2228) created for BOX1. All as expected.
  6. I then report (8) more complete.
  7. A second HU (2229) is created for PALLET1  with (2) new HUs (2230, 2231) created for BOX1.

I expected the (2) new HU for the BOX1, but I did not expect the second HU for the PALLET1. I would expect some method to re-use the first HU of PALLET1, as with shop orders, but I have not found a way to do this.

Is this even possible?

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 16 June 2022, 07:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Handling units for production schedules are unfortunately quite limited. Since there’s no order object like in shop order there’s no possibility to have a handling unit connected to the production schedule, so when yo make the 2nd receipt system does not know which handling unit to continue receiving to. That is why new handling units are generated according to the packing instruction for each receipt.

Your scenario makes complete sense though, so please consider creating a request in the idea section to have this enhanced to a future release!

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Idea created.