Solved

Part Cost-Copy costs to cost set one

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Upgrading from IFS8 to IFS10 UPD9. 
User see following error in IFS10 when try to use the function ‘Copy costs to cost set one’. IFSAPP can perform the task successfully.

Can someone please help me what settings i am missing in this scenario for the user to perform his job. Looks like i need to register this task somewhere but i have no clue what to do and where.

icon

Best answer by Thushitha Chandrasiri 26 May 2021, 04:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @OrangeCloud ,

First I would make sure the individual trying to perform the part cost copy has been granted permissions to PART_COST_API.Do_Cost_Move_To_One__

Then I would check to make sure there is a database task defined called Copy Costs To Cost Set One.

If you don’t see the database task you could create one by using the New Database Task screen.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@william.klotz Thanks for quick reply, all of the above are checked.
1- PART_COST_API.Do_Cost_Move_To_One__ is granted, and

2- i can see database task as IFSAPP.

when i give myself same permissions as user i dont have the screen ‘database tasks’ in both IFS8 and IFS10.  IFS8 is working great. I assume database task is  there same as in IFS8.

what else can I do to fix this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @OrangeCloud ,

Does everything work properly if you try to perform the copy while logged in as IFSAPP?

When we moved from IFS Application 8 and IFS Application 10 we had to redo most of our permission sets.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@william.klotz yes, rest of the workflows in this department is working good. I have redone the Permission sets already. this is the only workflow that has the error.

pretty sure that is something related to securities/permission sets since IFSAPP is working fine. but not sure what it is, all screens are consistent with IFS8 unless there is some new grant to be provided in IFS10  .. ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @OrangeCloud ,

Yes,  it certainly would appear to be a permissions issue.  You could try and create a permission set and give it read access to the database tasks screen then assign it to the user in question to see if this helps.   You may want to also check to see if the user has the FND_ENDUSER permission set assigned to their top level permissions.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

i cant say thanks much for your replies @william.klotz ,
both of these are also checked, giving full access to ‘Database tasks’ screen didn’t help and ‘FND_ENDUSER’ is also checked :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @OrangeCloud ,

I’m not sure what to have you check to resolve this at this point.  You may want to open a case with IFS or contact an IFS partner to see if they can jump on your system and give you a hand.  I agree it’s got to be a permission setting.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @OrangeCloud ,

Can you check whether the below task presentation object has been granted for the user (for a permission set assigned to the user) ?

taskPart_Cost_Api.Do_Cost_Move_To_One__

If not, try granting it by RMB and Grant, and check it resolves this problem.

Thank you and Best Rgards

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@ThushAsanka Thanks , that does the trick

I compared with IFS8 and the presentation object ‘Task-Copy Costs to Cost Set One’ is not granted but IFS8 works fine.
granted this in IFS10 and now IFS10 is working as expected.

Appreciate your response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @OrangeCloud ,

Happy to see that it is resolved. 😊