Question

Operation material - prevent over issuing

• 24 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi 

we are using Apps 10 and have recently connected the material to the operation but have had issues with shop floor operator inputting an extra digit and over issuing material (in this instance it was paint) to the operation.

is there away you can prevent this or even better set a tolerance of allowable over issuing for example a maximum of 10% of the required usage can be over reported?

regards

Jamie

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Yes, there is such setting. Please see Inventory Part, Manufacturing tab, where you have both a setting (Allowed, Allowed with Warning and Not Allowed) and a tolerance value to set.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Good morning Martin 

i have since tried that but it still let me over issue the material by over 10% to the operation, the shop order was at the released state when i made the change. would the change to the inventory part take effect immediately on all released/ open shop orders?

regards

Jamie 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @jamiewhite!

This setting will affect what you report on the operation, i.e. if you set it on the produced part, it will fire if you overreport the operation. If you have operation connected material, that material will be backflushed accordingly,  But there is no setting preventing manual issuing of components on a shop order.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Martin 

thankyou for your answer. I think the problem is because we were trying to set a tolerance on manually issuing.

Not sure how we can automatically issue liquid raw materials to operations using backflush as the actual usage will vary slightly from operator to operator and if we automatically issue the engineered required amount we will either be left with to much remaining material at the end of a contract or run out before we finish.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Jamie