Solved

Operation Block Sequencing Logic

• 18 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

When scheduling a block of shop order operations in sequence, what logic is used to determine the sequence in which the operations are scheduled? Is the final sequence based on prioritization by Order Need Date, Operation Finish Date, Remaining Resource Hours, something else? 

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 18 March 2021, 14:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Glad you found the operation block functionality!

Originally the logic only used the scheduled start date/time of the operation. I.e. the operations will be scheduled in the same order as they where scheduled before the rescheduling.

With apps 10 update 8 (I think) the new operation sequencing logic was introduced in IFS Aurena. With this logic you can sequence operations without using operation blocks, that logic will sequence based on

1. Characteristic Values.
  2. Operation Priority.
  3. Original scheduled start date/time

At the same time the logic for scheduling operation blocks was also adjusted to primarily consider the operation priority. So now it looks like:

1. Operation Priority.
  2. Original scheduled start date/time
Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Are IEE and Aurena using different logic, or is the same logic used in both now?

Also, in IEE Upd10, the field Operation Priority is not available in Shop Order Operations, Operations per Work Center, or Operation Block, pages where a scheduler would most likely be working. The only place I find this field is in the SFWB, an area in which a scheduler would likely not be entering information but an operator would simply be using the Op Priority for sorting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The same logic is applied both in EE and Aurena. However, as you have noticed, the only place you can set the Operation Priority in EE client is in Shop Floor Workbench.

In Aurena you can set the Operation Priority also in Operation Block and Shop Order Operations pages