Solved

Multi-Site Product Structure display issue

• 7 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I have noticed an issue when using the Multi-Site Part Structure Analysis module in IFS Apps 10. The analysis does not show the full BOM in some cases. Specifically, it stop when when we hit an Inventory Part with a Part Type of Purchased (Purchased Part with a Product Structure). Unfortunately, this paints an incomplete picture when we view a Part using this analysis. Is there another location in IFS where you can view the full structure of a Multi-Site part, or is there a configuration setting that must be enabled to view the structure of a Purchase Part in this screen? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by cjohnson 12 August 2020, 15:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

UPDATE - This issue seems to be related to the way the product structure is setup. If we have a part that is manufactured in Site 1, and then consumed on a structure in Site 2. There are two records for that part. The part in Site 2 is consuming part without a structure/routing, so you are unable to expand that part. You would have to view the structure of the manufactured Site 1 part.  

I believe the parts are setup correctly, but I do not understand how you could ever view multi-site parts in their entirety if they are setup this way.