Question

Multi-Company Project Reporting Invoicing

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 76 replies

Hi all,

(Using IFS10, UPD7 - on the verge of updating to UPD9)

We use the Multi-Company Project reporting mainly for  (Project) Time Registrations. Invoicing between companies is done manually through Instant Invoices (So far, preferred by the end-users)

Now we are looking into using Project Invoicing to send the Invoices across. Creating the Invoice is all working fine. But the create Supplier Invoice is not auto-matched against the transactions.

Posting Control PRJT11 is setup, but not automatically kicking in.

We are using Message Class INVOICE and Media Code E-INVOICE to send the invoices.

Anyone else using Project Invoicing to send such Invoices who can tell where to look?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Arend,

Can you check whether an application message has been created in Solution Manager/ Integration/ IFS Connect “Application Message” when sending the Project Invoice? Is that message in “Failed” Status? If “Yes” what is the error you get?

And please make sure that relevant Document Classes/ Prefixes have been defined in relevant Company window/ Invoice tab under Document Management tab as well. Hope you have enabled E-Invoicing functionality anyway.

Best Regards,

Rasangi

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Rasangi,

The invoice is arriving correctly, no issue with that.

It is that we hope / expect that such invoices can be auto matched, but this is not happening.

IFS has Posting Control PRJT11 for this, but it is not kicking in.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Arend,

Seems your exact requirement is not very clear. The only concern that I am having is that you need to match the transaction with the supplier invoice. If it’s to do with Supplier Invoice getting auto matched with the PO then you should enable tolerance for supplier or company level.

But I feel your requirement is different, therefore I think the best would be to add this post under “Manufacturing, Products, Engineering” Product Forum as you need multi company project invoicing enabled.

Best Regards,

Rasangi

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi Arend,

As Rasangi mentioned, the Multi-Company Project Invoicing process falls under “Engineering, Product Design”, hence kindly add your issue under “Manufacturing, Products, Engineering” product.

Regards,

Shehan

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

From my knowledge you should use Media Code MHS to send the invoice. 

Best regards, 

Linda

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Arend,

Please go through the below where you will get a better idea about the MHS setup. Assume we are sending invoices from company P11 to P10 where Customer = ‘1010’ & Supplier = ‘5000’

Enter Supplier/Employee Company & Supplier ID » Message setup
Enter Customer Company & Customer ID » Message Defaults

Further, PRJT11 setup is not enough. You should have the below posting control setup.

• @Employee/Supplier company: PRJI3/PRJI4
  • @Customer company: PRJT11(for time transactions), PRJC13(for personal transactions) and PRJC14 (for Non-personal transactions)

Once you ‘Send & Release’ the project invoice you can view it in Sent Invoices screen. Also, if there are further errors in the invoices you can use “Explore Connectivity Inbox” & “Explore Connectivity Outbox” to view errors.

Kind regards,

Vibhu

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Arend - Were you able to go through the information provided?

Just let us know if that was helpful to you  by marking it as the best answer.

If you have more questions please do ask.

/Vibhu

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Vibhu,

Unfortunately there has not been a best answer for me.

We have no issue with sending and receiving the Invoice - it’s only the automatic matching that is not happening.  And yes, PRJI3 & PRJI4 are setup.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Arend,

What are you exactly expecting as ‘automatic matching’? Are you expecting the invoice sending and receiving process to happen automatically?

/Vibhu

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Vibhu,

I do expect, that when i have created the Project Invoice manually - click Send and Release - that the Invoice on the other side, will be matched automatically. E.g. that the system will be able to fetch the lines that have been Invoiced by the Employee Company.

That is where i do expect PRJT11 is coming into the picture.