Question

MS Rate by period to consider shop orders

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 8 replies

I have a customer who wants to create a fixed/ level loaded plan based on forecast, i.e. a set quantity every day/. They were originally manually loading all shop orders instead of using requisitions, but this presented problems when the shop orders were late and had to be re-scheduled. 

One idea was to use master scheduling with a rate by period… with then a future dated material requisition to create enough demand to allow the requisitions to fill every day.

The problem I have is that the rate by period seems to create an MPS suppy irrespective of whether I have actual supply from firmed orders, as per the example below where I have shop orders for 14, on several days, but MS still suggests I make another 14, meaning 28 per day. If I convert those requisitions to shop orders and re-run ms it will ask me to make another 14.

Is there any way to have the rate by period take into account existing supply, as it just seems very wrong the way it works currently?

Alternative suggestions for a total supply cap per day would be welcome…. fixed qty planning doesn’t work as it still looks for actual demand, so will omit days, and when combined with safety stock, seems to ignore the fixed qty and asks for full safety stock amount.

Thanks

Andy

0 replies

Be the first to reply!