Question

MRP is not creating a SO for purchase part with safety stock >0

• 11 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone,

One of our customer have problem with generating SO from MRP for a purchase part with safety stock greater than 0. (In IFS V8 by the way).

In this particular case, we have a demand of 2.000.

It is possible that IFS is not taking consideration our safety stock for that demand?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Can you please provide more details and an example of the problem?

1. MRP will typically create a Purchase Requisition for purchase parts, does ‘SO’ mean Shop Order in your example.  If so, try looking in the ‘Purchase Requisition Lines’ screen for your part number instead.
  2. What is the Safety Stock value on the Inventory Part?  What is the actual quantity on hand when you run MRP?
  3. You have demand for 2000, but are there any other supply orders in the system (assuming purchase orders) which means that MRP does not need to create a new purchase requisition?
  4. The ‘MRP Part Information’ screen or ‘Inventory Part Availability Planning’ screen should help you understand and build a better picture of what’s going on.

I hope that this helps.

Badge +2

Hello @Richard Owen 

I looked up in Purchase requisition lines and there is nothing created for this part.

The safety stock is 450 and the actual qty on hand is 719. In the screen on inventory part availability planning i see only a customer order created for 2.000.

Thanks and best regards!

Badge +2

Hello @Richard Owen 

I looked up in Purchase requisition lines and there is nothing created for this part.

The safety stock is 450 and the actual qty on hand is 719. In the screen on inventory part availability planning i see only a customer order created for 2.000.

And also when I am consulting the MRP action proposals I see this PO that is not in my inventory part availability planning. So it’s very confusing to me….

Thanks and best regards!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information, this helps a lot.

It seems to be that you have lots of open purchase order supply available (although it all has a Due Date in the past) and this is why MRP is not proposing additional requisitions.  The Projected on Hand on 04/10/2023 more than covers the demands and safety stock.

Is there any reason why the various purchase order receipts are in an ‘Arrived’ or ‘Received’ status?  Can the customer complete these receipts (or cancel them if no longer valid) so that the stock appears as a quantity on hand?

I suspect the MRP Action Proposals are referring to these existing Purchase Orders (can’t see the actual message detail) but essentially, the buyer needs to review and action these.

I hope this helps.

Badge +2

Thanks @Richard Owen I will check on this.

Best regards,