Solved

Many Lots per Production Order

• 18 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 4 replies

Hello everybody,
I would like to know if there is a way to automatically generate several Lot Batch No. (one Lot Batch No. per position) when creating a Shop Order. 

The article is set to Many Lots per Production Order. 

But a Lot Batch No. is only created automatically if "One Lot per Production Order" is set in the article.  

-->Then it is only one, and we would really need a separate Lot Batch No. for each article of the Shop Order. 

Hope somebody can help me. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 18 April 2024, 17:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The only way I can think of is if the part is setup with:

• Many Lots per Production Order
  • Multilevel tracking = disabled
  • Lot/Batch tracking = Order Based

then a lot/batch number will be automatically created for each receipt that is made from the shop order. The lot/batch numbers will be generated based on the shop order number.

Badge +1

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for me...

You can see from the screenshot that I have made the settings in exactly the same way. 

I want to have it for each Part that is reported back. We need it for the Control Plans, that we can do one Analysis per Part.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I tested and it works fine with this setup for me.

I have performed two receipts. One lot/batch no was created per receipt

Badge +1

Many thanks for the quick answers! 
When I complete the last operation and put the article in stock, I will receive a lot batch no. for each one. 

However, I would need a Lot Batch No. for each article that is reported ready in the first operation (of several), so that I can also create an analysis for a Control Plan per Lot Batch No. at the same time.  Before the last operation is completed.

As there will be different checks per operation using a control plan.

These articles are also produced in sequence, i.e. one after the other, and the employee always reports back one after the other. We would create a separate analysis result for each article reported back. 

I hope there is a way. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Unfortunately for Order Based the only method available is to right-click in the header Tracking > Generate Order Based Lots and repeatedly enter 1 for the Expected Quantity for Lot and click Generate.

For Lot Tracked parts, you can enter the Number of Batches and the system will determine the Qty per Batch.