Question

Manufacturing Standard - Work Centers & Production Lines

• 29 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Could someone point me to where I may find work instructions with examples for IFS site, production line, work center, and routing setup to support visual shop order planning? I see some general structure documentation on these and a few demos explaining new UI for Aurena, but I'd like to understand the optimum way to set up the architecture for our manufacturing sites & lines by referencing a step by step work instruction with some hypothetical examples.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
  • You connect a Work Center to the routing operation. 
  • The work center can consist of one, or several Resources. The resources on a work center should be interchangeable.
  •  Work centers can be grouped into a Department. Typically used for work centers performing similar type of work like machining. 
  • Work centers can also be grouped into a Production Lines. Typically used when material flows through a sequence of work centers.

Work center is the main object used for capacity planning, however in visual planning you can filter the load and capacity for a specific resource, or aggregate the capacity for a department or production line against the load as well.

Badge +2

Thank you, Björn. Is there a guide that I would be able to view showing a production facility with some of these examples with sample routings? Our problem is we believe our work centers and routings are improperly setup to utilize visual planning.

We have parts that may take longer to manufacture using different resources in a work center. I would like to understand more the optimum way to build our routings taking these restrictions into account.