Solved

Manufacturing lead time and expected lead time

• 19 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, 
I have tried to calculate the “Expected lead time” but with out success?
Here in the community it have several posts about this topic, but I was not able to the calultion as mentioned.

Dos some Body could me please help?

I have tried this way:

Thank you for your support.

BR
Milanko

icon

Best answer by DanJohnston 6 February 2023, 19:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Calculate Purchase Lead Time is based on values from the Supplier for Purchase Part as well as transit values that are set in the Supplier Matrix.

Calculate Cumulative Lead Time is based on the routing and work center settings for a given manufactured part.

Which one doesn’t work?

Have you setup all of the required data for each of them in order to do the calculation?

When you say it doesn’t work...it won’t run at all, or it gives the wrong value even though it is running the calculation update?

I’m afraid your question doesn’t give enough information to help you find the solution.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

HI ShawnBerk
Thank you for the support.
I have aseked about the “Expected lead time” is there a calculation job for this or must it be inserted manually.
BR,

Badge +1
Expected Lead Time: The expected Lead Time it takes to receive the parts into Inventory. By default; for Manufactured Parts this Lead Time is identical to the Manufacturing Lead Time. The Expected Lead Time is used when performing the Availability Check (ATP), and may be manually overwritten. In case this Lead Time is manually entered, the advice is to enter theCumulative Lead Time”.

Expected Lead Time: The Expected Lead Time it takes to receive the parts into Inventory. By default; for Purchased Parts it is identical to the Purchasing Lead Time. The Expected Lead Time is used when performing the Availability Check (ATP). The Expected Lead Time may be manually overwritten, in which the advice is to enter theCumulative Lead Time”. However, for Purchased Parts the advice is not to manually overwrite the Expected Lead. Since then it will no longer be validated against any of the Calendars. The Earliest Unlimited Supply Date (EUSD), as used by ATP, is calculated using the Calculate Earliest Unlimited Supply Date dialog.

For Manufactured Parts: in case you decide to manually overwrite the Expected Lead Time. Advice is to use the Cumulative Lead Time.
For Purchased Parts: advice is to not manually overwrite the Expected Lead Time. Note! That the Safety Lead Time is not included.