Solved

Manual Historical Demand Planning Data for Demand Planner

• 15 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello Community, 

I have a question, how can we capture any new Customer order in Manual historical data for demand planner. do we have to manually enter the list of new customer orders in manual historical data from customer order lines?

can you please also help me understand that all newly entered customer orders will be captured by Base flow under internal source data or external source data?

Thanks in advance for help.

icon

Best answer by Richard Owen 15 March 2022, 16:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

If the Base Flows are using the view IFSAPP.COMB_EXT_INV_PART_ISSUE_PUB they will automatically pick up any new Customer Order deliveries made in IFS so you will not need to add them to the Historical Data table.

You can think about it like this …

The Base Flows are looking at ‘Combined Sales History’ (IFSAPP.COMB_EXT_INV_PART_ISSUE_PUB) which is a view that is made up from ‘Imported Sales History’ (Historical Data) and ‘IFS Sales History’ (which is the new Customer Order deliveries made in IFS).

I hope that this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Richard Owen thanks a lot for the great explanation about external source data. can you help me same way for internal source data? what data source does internal source data will captured. 

Also for the base flow do I need to have 2 separate SQL statements one for external source data and 2nd for internal source data?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

The internal IFS transactions are in a standard view called Internal_Invent_Part_Issue_Pub

You could try out the ‘Base Flow Assistant’ functionality (IFS Apps 10) to see this.

Each Base Flow can only look at one view, so you will need to decide which historic transactions you want to use when creating the forecast and ensure that the historic transactions are in the view (if you know what I mean).

We have several customers who have written their own views (IFS IALs - Information Access Layer) so that they can point the Base Flows at specific historic transactions which either may not be in the standard IFS views or otherwise need to be cleansed before it is used by Demand Planner.

Essentially, you can point the Base Flow at any data source you like, but typically it should contain Contract (Site), Part No, Quantity Issued, Date Issued and Customer.  If you do this, you will also need to consider how the data source is updated so that it is up to date when the Create Forecast job is next run.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Richard Owen 

Do the customer orders have to be in Delivered/Invoiced Closed state in order to be captured by Demand Planner?

Warm Regards

Yashodha

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

In standard IFS functionality where the base flows use the view IFSAPP..COMB_EXT_INV_PART_ISSUE_PUB, the Customer Order Lines need to be ‘Delivered’ (OESHIP Transaction) in order to show in this view.

I hope this helps..

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Richard Owen  how do we get future forecast into a Base Flow ?

Is it only via an import? Eg- Sales person forecast. We are trying to get the data from Business Opportunity. We created an IAL and tried to import data but epically failing.

Is there a better way?

Thank you for your time

Thanks and Regards

Yash

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

It is possible to import forecast directly into Demand Planner using the attached document as a guide.

I hope that this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Richard Owen ,

Thank you very much for the prompt response !

Yes we were able to import data into demand planner via a Data Migration job for a different flow. 

But we are stuck at getting data from Business Oppportunity via an IAL to Demand Planner. 

My question is - can IAL only fetch historical data?  Can it fetch future forecasts ?

Thanks again for your time

Regards

Yash

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Yes, the IAL (which the base flows will point to) can only contain historic transactions.  This is the data which Demand Planner uses when it creates the statistical future forecast.

If you want to import forecast, you could take the Business Opportunity forecast data and import it using the import job referenced in my previous post.

I hope that this helps.