Solved

Mandatory Field in Form Assistant

• 6 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello Community,

I am wondering if anyone has had a change to modify the Form Assistant design. I am trying to make a field mandatory within the Sign off of a Guideline when signing off through the Shop Floor Workbench.

I have tried using the Page Designer, however it does not impact the Form Assistant itself. Did anyone have any luck or tied this?

See below picture for reference of the field i am talking about.

icon

Best answer by Jonas Feigl 6 October 2021, 01:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@Curious_User Unfortunately this is not supported at the moment. You can use Page Designer to highlight a field as mandatory and it should then receive the red background but you cannot influence the behaviour of the assistant this way I’m afraid.

I would suggest that you raise this as an idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yes as mentioned by Jonas, this is currently not supported by page designer, but would be much needed!

Maybe you can try creating a custom event action that triggers a syserror when signing off a subtask and the note field is null.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you @Björn Hultgren  and @Jonas Feigl

I will try the event action as a work around. I Hope IFS makes this available soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Maybe newest module Business Process Automation can be of help here. That doesn't mean that it's an easy solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Curious_User Were you able to solve this with an event action? I'm on the brink of looking into such a situation (other assistant page however)? In my situation it is for an IFS10 environment, so no BPA available.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Curious_User Were you able to solve this with an event action? I'm on the brink of looking into such a situation (other assistant page however)? In my situation it is for an IFS10 environment, so no BPA available.

I was not, since page designer is not supported i stopped looking into Aurena, the Software is still not mature enough. In IFS 10 EE you can make them mandatory as its normal functionality. We will stick to IFS 10 for the foreseeable future before considering a move to Aurena due to the lack of major functions and user QOL features.