Solved

Labour time not captured when approving operation, if stop production is not done in SFW

• 6 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi all,

There is a problem I’m struggling to find whether it’s a bug or due to some setting in the application.

Scenario is below.

When a shop order operation is started in SFW from Start Shop Order, and then without performing Stop Production, and performing Approve Operation for that shop order operation, the labor hours is not captured for that operation.

When approving the operation, the Labor Time is ticked, and the Stop Clockings is also ticked, so as I understand, previously started clocking should be stopped automatically, and planned labor hours should be reported.

But, I can see in the Operation statistics that, only the time from that start to stop (0.02) has been posted.

If the approve operation is done after performing the stop production (after staring production), all the planned labor hours plus the time between start - stop production us captured.

Any idea why it happens ? Is it a bug ? Or is it due to some setting.

Below is the setting in the work center.

I have checked the same process with ticking the “Auto Stop/Resume Machine Clocking” and “Auto Stop Labor Clocking”

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 6 September 2021, 14:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

When you clock labor time, system will not also report planned labor time since that would report double labor (both planned time + actually clocked time). So, in oyur case system will only report the 1 min elapsed from when the labor was started until it is stopped when approving the operation with stop time selected.

If you would approve operation directly without having clicked start production first, the planned mahcine and labor hours will be reported by default.

The Auto Report Labor Time with Qty parameter on Work Center only applies when an operation is auto reported (is reported as a result of receiving with Auto Report Operations check box selected).

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Björn Hultgren,

So, when the operation is performed with Start production and then Stop production, and then Approve operation for the same operation (so, approve operation is done after both start and stop production is done), and system create labor hours for both planned and actual (time between start and stop), so the actual run time is greater than planned. Would that be correct ?

For a second scenario, I performed start production for all the 5 operations (operation no 10, 20, 30, 35 and 40), and approved the last operation (op 40) without performing stop production for any op. And planned labour hours (plus actual time) were captured for first 4 operations, but not for the final one (it only captured actual time). Any idea ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

if you start an operation, then stop it, then approve operation system will recognize time has already been clocked on this operation and by default set Report Time to unselected, hence, no additional time will be reported except if you manually choose to select the Report Time check box to report additional time in addition to the already clocked time.

For the second scenario, I assume you approved operation 40 with the Report Previous Operations selected? In such case operations 10 to 35 will be auto reported. By default only quantity will be auto reported if time was already started for these operations, but since you showed the previous screenshot from work center that labor time should always be auto reported with quantity, the logic will report the planned hours + the clocked hours. Operation 40 is not auto reported as that is the operation currently being reported, hence only clocked hours are being reported on this operation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Björn Hultgren ,

Thanks a lot for the clear explanation on the above. Now I know how IFS handles that sort of scenario when reporting labor hours, so the figures can be explained now. As you assumed, yes, Report Previous Operations selected, by default set Report Time to unselected when approving after stopping production. 😊

Thank you again.